DeveloperSide.NET Forums
January 21, 2020, 05:29:18 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Problems writing to Session files  (Read 3639 times)
clype

View Profile
« on: May 13, 2005, 07:06:58 PM »

I have an odd problem. I have used this packaged version of Apache etc for a while as a quick n dirsty way to aid with web development on a local machine. I installed it a few nights back on my machine and had everyhting working within a few minutes- Great!

I also use it ona  laptop with the same config. Neverhad any problems.

I built a website for someone and it uses sessions to manage login etc all seemed OK. Last night I removed these files and loaded up another site I am working on, and found I could not login through its login page. After gaes spent debugging the code I discovered that the $_SESSION variable when being set- is creating a file in C:\www\tmp\ but the fields in these files remain unpopulated as if the value is not being passed in . Remember it worked on some other pages a few days earlier. I reloaded these pages and the same thing is happening there now too. The same files work fine on the laptop and on the live server.

The problematic machine is Windows XP SP2 based :anyone had a similar problem- has me stumped.
Could not  find anything similar searching this site.

php.ini is default except for display errors = on
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: