DeveloperSide.NET Forums
July 06, 2020, 05:50:18 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: access to phpMyAdmin denied  (Read 10343 times)
fatalicus

View Profile
« on: May 19, 2005, 06:13:17 PM »

here's the deal..

i installed everything and got it all running...

i got the website i was going to run on the webserver, to run.
but i had problems with the database of the website not comunicating with the database of another server that held the login info that was going to be used to access the site.

(if it might help, the site i'm refering to is ragnarok online control panel by azndragon, and the server it can't communicate with is a ragnarok online game server. the account info on the control panel is supposed to be used as login info on the control panel)

so after alot of attempts to get it all to work, i desided to have another look at the readme file of the webserver. i see the part about testing the diffrent things on the server (***IMPORTANT NOTES -- Testing***)

i decide to try this, and it all works.. except for the phpMyAdmin... when i try to login i use root as username, and i insert the password i have on the root account (i have a password to access the root account) it won't log me in!

i do not get any messages about wrong password! the login box just keep pop-ing up! i have tried to use diffrent variasons of the password, i have tried to not type a password at all, i have tried to use a diffrent username with other password, but nothing lets me access the phpMyAdmin!

MySQL is running fine and i don't have any problems with any of the other tests!

does anyone know what might be wrong?
admin
Administrator
Master of All Subjects

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2005, 02:14:11 AM »

i decide to try this, and it all works.. except for the phpMyAdmin... when i try to login i use root as username, and i insert the password i have on the root account (i have a password to access the root account) it won't log me in!

There is no default password for phpmyadmin.  You just have to login via the same system as MySQL is running on.  Type 'root', hit enter.  How did you set the password?

Also, the only account, besides the other one for specific features, is 'root@localhost', not 'root@%'.  Access will only be granted from the local system to the local system.

DeveloperSide.NET
Advanced PHP and MySQL Solutions for your Web Design and Development needs with Web.Developer Server Suite.
fatalicus

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2005, 04:45:56 AM »

i am trying to access from the locak system..

i set the MySQL root password when i first installed and configured mySQL
i can access the root account on mySQL when i use the password i set, but it won't work for phpMyAdmin...
admin
Administrator
Master of All Subjects

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2005, 07:35:54 PM »

i set the MySQL root password when i first installed and configured mySQL

Please go into details on what you have done after installing the web-server suite.

DeveloperSide.NET
Advanced PHP and MySQL Solutions for your Web Design and Development needs with Web.Developer Server Suite.
fatalicus

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2005, 08:58:08 AM »

i have fixed this problem now.

i had to re-install the web-server and the old mysql installs. then re-install both, using the mysql install in the web-server suite.
dp_freely

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2005, 07:14:01 PM »

I've installed everything from www-ssl.rar just fine. Everything was running great for two days.

Now I can't log in to phpMyAdmin. Can still log in to MySql at a command prompt using the the same usernames and passwords as before but phpMyAdmin doesn't recognize anything that was working yesterday.  

Any ideas other than uninstalling and reinstalling everything again? I've searched the forum and that appears to be the only fix that has worked before.

Thanks for your time.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: