DeveloperSide.NET Forums
January 19, 2020, 10:06:32 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: U.S Citizen But Cannot Download Web-Server SSL-enabled Pkg  (Read 8194 times)
Helen
« on: October 29, 2003, 06:29:35 AM »

Hello - I tried to download the referenced server and anwered the questions.  I am not behind a Proxy Server to my knowledge.  I connect to the internet via DSL to AOL and the only time I'm aware that I amforwarded through a Proxy server is when I access AOL from a computer other than mine to get my mail.

At any rate, I thought that the Firewall software was a problem and disabled it but still couldn't access the SSL server to download.

Also, in the event that I am ever able to download it, a question I have is that you state that MSVCR70.dll should be in WINNT/System32.  Mine is in WINDOWS/SYSTEM32/URTTEMP.  Should I copy it to WINDOWS/SYSTEM32 ?

I hope I can obtain your SSL server.  I actually tried to build it on Windows XP from your instructions and was up most of the night dealing with errors so then I finally realized you had a built and configured version and I was estatic.  Then I couldn't download it.

Thanks for any help you can give.
Anonymous
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2003, 06:56:42 AM »

Authentication Failed
One of the following are true.
Your IP address does not appear to be of US origin.
You are being forwarded for.
Your ISP is AOL - we can not verify AOL users origin.
You are using a proxy.

---------------

yes, place msvcr70.dll into system32
Helen
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2003, 07:29:16 AM »

I was finally able to download the SSL Enabled Package.  When I first tried it, I was browsing DeveloperSide.net from within my AOL software.  I had tried several times and failed as I previously mentioned.

This time I just opened up my MIE browser and access DeveloperSide.net from there and I was able to download the package.  Now I am really ecstatic (I corrected the spelling) .

I know that when I do IPCONFIG/ALL at DOS prompt, I have a hostname of my computer which shows an IP that stays the same - and then there's an IP that changes for the PPP Adapter each time I reconnect to AOL.  

It must have something to do with that.  This may sound stupid to someone who possess networking knowledge ... so I decided to access the DeveloperSide.net once again via the AOL software and was forbidden to download.

Bottom line - I'm grateful to have it and thanks for your reply.

Helen
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: