DeveloperSide.NET Forums
July 24, 2019, 12:11:49 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: can't open file error- innodn table  (Read 11483 times)
achus

View Profile
« on: August 06, 2005, 06:51:19 AM »

Dear All

I enabled/initialized  innodb for my MySql database using innodb_data_file_path = ibdata1:10M:autoextend in my.cnf

i created tables.. but some tables(the rest are working fine)when i try to access them ( insert /updtae/ or even drop) is giving meCan't open file: tablename.InnoDB'. (errno: 1)
  :cry:

please help

achus
admin
Administrator
Master of All Subjects

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2005, 11:18:54 PM »

Check the mysql *.err file under MySQL data dir.
And if it tells you that it cannot find/open a file, it means it.  Has it been created?  Are the permissions set so MySQL can read/write to it?

DeveloperSide.NET
Advanced PHP and MySQL Solutions for your Web Design and Development needs with Web.Developer Server Suite.
achus

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2005, 10:17:40 AM »

I have a read/write permission to my database.

I can see the tablename.frm file in /var/lib/mysql/databasename/of my server.

while creating this table i got a connection error
achus

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2005, 03:38:10 AM »

is there a limit on the number of innodb tables that can be created in a database..
i could create 36 tables without any problem.. but from thenext onwards when i submit the query it showing me an sql error ..'Lost connection to MySQL server during query'...  i can see the table in my PhpMyAdmin .. but its given as " in use" and am not able to insert or uodtae or even drop the tabe
admin
Administrator
Master of All Subjects

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2005, 11:34:41 AM »

I could be wrong here, but I do not think their is any inherent or default number of innobd tables that can be created in a db, or at least not set to 36 by default.  How big are your tables?

You might have set a MySQL server limit of 36 connections somewhere.

Maybe query 'show variables' can help you more on that.

Do you have any firewall programs or a router that could have been configured to only allow 36 connections to a socket, port, program, etc...?

Unless this is a size issue, I would check the mysql bug DB.

DeveloperSide.NET
Advanced PHP and MySQL Solutions for your Web Design and Development needs with Web.Developer Server Suite.
achus

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2005, 04:52:45 PM »

i checked the show variables part and this is wha i got....max tmp tables - 32  

is this the culprit..

i could create any number of normal default tables under this particular database.. the problem was only with innodb
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: