DeveloperSide.NET Forums
January 24, 2020, 09:18:11 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Developerside Web-Server suite does not work with GalleryV2?  (Read 13677 times)
RickFromTampa

View Profile
« on: October 10, 2005, 03:53:29 AM »

Hi there.I'm trying to install Gallery Version 2 (G2).  I am using the Web-Server Suite from Developerside.net, which I was told contain all the support software required by G2 (I used it with G1 in an older computer and it worked fine).

The problem: I cannot get to pass step 5. I cannot get to pass the message "You must have the MySQL PHP module installed".

1) Is the problem in the Developerside.net bundle, which doesn't contain the appropriate module? If the answer is YES
2) What's the easiest way to incorporate the neccesary module in the current configuration on Developerside.net, giving the fact that I don't know how to compile, etc? Is there a easy way to do this?

Any pointer to do this in an easy (without compiling/programing)would be really appreciated.

Thanks!

Rick Aleman

Please see
http://gallery.menalto.com/node/38084
Jorge
Customer, Basic Support
Guru

jorge_schrauwen@msn.com
View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2005, 08:00:51 AM »

have a look here:
http://forums.devside.net/viewtopic.php?t=808

admin
Administrator
Master of All Subjects

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2005, 06:02:02 PM »

I assume this is a php_mysqli problem --  the app only supports php_mysql.  In that case you just have to edit two lines and reboot.

DeveloperSide.NET
Advanced PHP and MySQL Solutions for your Web Design and Development needs with Web.Developer Server Suite.
admin
Administrator
Master of All Subjects

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2005, 06:20:16 PM »

Actually, after a quick google search, all you need is to 'choose to use the mysqli driver in Gallery'.  Thought you might want to confirm this in the Gallery Documentation or Install Guide.

DeveloperSide.NET
Advanced PHP and MySQL Solutions for your Web Design and Development needs with Web.Developer Server Suite.
RickFromTampa

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2005, 01:30:54 AM »

Thanks for your responses. The people at Gallery insist that the only explanation for this problem is that, even though the Developerside.net suite has PHP and MYSQL, it does not have the module that ties them up together. Is this correct? If so, How do I add it?

Thanks,

Rick
RickFromTampa

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2005, 01:32:55 AM »

By the way, I tried fixing the PATH as recommended by Jorge in
http://forums.devside.net/viewtopic.php?t=808
but that did seem to help.
admin
Administrator
Master of All Subjects

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2005, 01:57:23 AM »

The people at Gallery insist that the only explanation for this problem is that, even though the Developerside.net suite has PHP and MYSQL, it does not have the module that ties them up together. Is this correct?

That's absurd.  That is handled by either php_mysql.dll or php_mysqli.dll, with libmysql.dll.  These files are present.  The only changes from v1.14 to v1.15 is we switched to the newer 'php_mysqli' extension.  That and PHP4->PHP5 and MySQL4.0->MySQL4.1.

I don't know what path thing you are talking about [and I hope you did not mess anything up], but, as I have suggested, just switch back to extension 'php_mysql'.  All you do is edit your %SystemRoot%\php.ini file (C:\Windows\php.ini or C:\WINNT\php.ini)...
Code:

extension=php_mysqli.dll

edit to...
Code:

extension=php_mysql.dll

Then edit C:\www\phpMyAdmin\config.ini.php
Code:

$cfg['Servers'][$i]['extension']     = 'mysqli';    // The php MySQL extension to use ('mysql' or 'mysqli')

edit to...
Code:

$cfg['Servers'][$i]['extension']     = 'mysql';    // The php MySQL extension to use ('mysql' or 'mysqli')

Save files and restart system.

DeveloperSide.NET
admin
Administrator
Master of All Subjects

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2005, 02:02:16 AM »

Also, I assume that everything is working...
phpMyAdmin
MySQL
Apache
PHP

Did you run through the tests in the readme or Manual?

DeveloperSide.NET
admin
Administrator
Master of All Subjects

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2005, 02:49:17 PM »

Sums up what I have been saying...
http://gallery.menalto.com/node/37777

DeveloperSide.NET
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: