DeveloperSide.NET Forums
July 23, 2019, 05:42:44 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: apache error message  (Read 7963 times)
Diane

View Profile
« on: October 11, 2005, 08:47:18 PM »

i'm installing apache and have gotten to the --enable-ssl
[enable mod_ssl: SSL/TLS support] section.  i then ran make command, I got an error message concerning the libcrypto.so.0.9.8 in the shared libs.  which .conf file do i need to edit and what do i need to put in there?

also, i would like to use wsftp pro to upload info to my apache webserver.  is that possible and how do i set up an ftp server?  the reason i want to use wsftp pro is because i have a lot of website information created and stored in folders and i would like to upload the entire folder instead of having to do so a file at a time.

also, upon attempting to start apache after editing the httpd.conf, i get an error message of Cannot load /usr/local/apache2/modules/mod_deflate.so into server: /usr/local/apache2/modules/mod_deflate.so: cannot open sharted object file: no such file or directory
admin
Administrator
Master of All Subjects

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2005, 10:14:27 PM »

You might need to patch openssl 0.9.8 or use a lower version.

As for mod_deflate, sounds like you never built zlib, or did not specify the proper fields under the Apache build for zlib libs and their location.

DeveloperSide.NET
Advanced PHP and MySQL Solutions for your Web Design and Development needs with Web.Developer Server Suite.
Diane

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2005, 10:35:34 PM »

Quote from: "admin"
You might need to patch openssl 0.9.8 or use a lower version.

As for mod_deflate, sounds like you never built zlib, or did not specify the proper fields under the Apache build for zlib libs and their location.

thank you.  if we did build zlib, what can be done to correct this?  we followed the directions for installing zlib-1.2.3
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: