DeveloperSide.NET Forums
February 20, 2018, 11:27:30 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library  (Read 106278 times)
digby

View Profile
« on: November 29, 2005, 03:48:03 AM »

I just installed the Suite and I got this error and I'm unable to install php scripts.

***PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library 'C:/www/php5/ext/php_mysqli.dll - The specified module could not be found.***

(I do have this .dll in the /ext folder.)

Any suggestion on how to fix this problem are most welcome.  Thank you.

Digby
admin
Administrator
Master of All Subjects

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2005, 03:53:17 AM »

Did you reboot?

DeveloperSide.NET
Advanced PHP and MySQL Solutions for your Web Design and Development needs with Web.Developer Server Suite.
digby

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2005, 04:07:16 AM »

yes, it will not let me run install.php from browser.  Always asked to pick program to open it.
lazycat

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2005, 10:33:19 AM »

I've just installed the Suite and got the same problem.

Also when I test phpMyAdmin I get:

cannot load mysqli extension;
please check PHP configuration
lazycat

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2005, 11:15:17 AM »

Ok... the solution is here:

Put the libmysql.dll files in the windows/system32/ directory. That fixed everything for me.
admin
Administrator
Master of All Subjects

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2005, 03:56:50 PM »

Also/or add 'C:/www/php5/ext/' to the PATH.  Its set under php.ini, but on some systems, its not taken it.

DeveloperSide.NET
Advanced PHP and MySQL Solutions for your Web Design and Development needs with Web.Developer Server Suite.
admin
Administrator
Master of All Subjects

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2005, 04:35:16 PM »

Also make sure that C:\www\mysql\bin and C:\www\php5 have actually been set under the System PATH.

DeveloperSide.NET
digby

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2005, 05:05:31 PM »

I just cannot seem to get my php and mysql to work.  Everytime I try to install.php it says my php version does not support mysql.  I'm using php 5.

I have read everything I can find but still can't get it configured correctly.
admin
Administrator
Master of All Subjects

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2005, 05:15:38 PM »

Everytime I try to install.php it says my php version does not support mysql. I'm using php 5.

Edit php.ini (under C:\Windows\ or C:\WINNT\)
Uncomment line (remove ';')...

;extension=php_mysql.dll

Save file, restart system or stop/start Apache.

DeveloperSide.NET
digby

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2005, 05:59:42 PM »

Thank you for your help.  I did what you advised but no luck.  I have tried b2evolution,wordpress & nucleus all of which give me errors that it does not appear you have mysql availble or that php is not config for mysql.
Jorge
Customer, Basic Support
Guru

jorge_schrauwen@msn.com
View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2005, 07:13:36 PM »

Quote from: "digby"
Thank you for your help.  I did what you advised but no luck.  I have tried b2evolution,wordpress & nucleus all of which give me errors that it does not appear you have mysql availble or that php is not config for mysql.

you did restart the server right?

digby

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 29, 2005, 09:28:21 PM »

I uninstalled everything and used a different combination package that uses a GUI to manage SQL,PHP,Apache2 & more.  Took no time to install and was able to install Nucleus, Wordpress and B2Evolution in lest than a half an hour without any errors.

Thanks to everyone who tried to help.
admin
Administrator
Master of All Subjects

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #12 on: November 30, 2005, 09:42:40 PM »

Digby, I deleted three of your posts in three different threads today -- where you spammed an advertisment for another package.

In those threads, in which you claim how hard it is to "fix [our] coding errors" and how easy it was to install 18 other add-ons to the other package: the solution was as simple as to uncomment a line and reboot -- the problem was fixed.

I have had other instances were individuals, that were associated with other packages, would come here and posts false information and problems -- afterwards they would post links to another package, to take advantage of our search engine page rank.

I do not know your intensions, and perhaps you did have problems and are now happy running another package -- but please don't bring up two week old threads were the user thanks me for the help and for fixing the problem.

I'm sorry that you have had a problem connecting php and mysql with other apps.  But if you look around this forum, you will find that just about every user that posted a problem, had myself and others post/work to solve that problem -- as long as that user kept coming back -- and just about every problem was given a solution.

DeveloperSide.NET
digby

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 30, 2005, 09:43:38 PM »

[deleted]

I think this suite needs a lot of work done to it.

[deleted]

Note from admin: that other package uses PHP4.4, we use PHP5 -- again the solution was a line change.
Jorge
Customer, Basic Support
Guru

jorge_schrauwen@msn.com
View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: November 30, 2005, 10:00:38 PM »

there is always a small price to pay from being on the bleading edge,

Although with about 3 minutes of tweaking, i found out i liked PHP5 more.

I guess it depends on the willlingness to have a look at the manual and in the config giles.

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: