DeveloperSide.NET Forums
December 13, 2019, 12:22:50 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: freaky server problem  (Read 6068 times)
« on: November 05, 2003, 05:22:22 PM »

i got my server up and running fine. so now im trying to work on and test a website i'm making. however the javascript i'm using doesnt work when the page is accessed through the server. if i just open the page up off my harddrive everything works fine, but when i try and open it using http://localhost/webpage.html the page shows up, but none of the javascript seems to work. i've looked at the webpage source for both and its exactly the same so im not really sure why it wouldnt work. all i'm using the script for is displaying and hiding menus and i wish the damn thing would work. any ideas how to fix this?
admin
Administrator
Master of All Subjects

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2003, 06:12:29 PM »

I'm ashamed to say that I have never really dealt or had much to do with JavaScript...

My understanding is that it is purely client-side in terms of that whether it runs or not depends on the client browser, and requires nothing more than placement in the code of the page.  Meaning, nothing has to be setup/configured on the server.

Taking an educated guess, I'm thinking you have your zones set up under IE in a way that allows the execution of JavaScript under the local system, but not under the net, which localhost would default to...

Check under Tools >> Internet Options >> Security and relax those settings, enabling Scripting...

DeveloperSide.NET
Advanced PHP and MySQL Solutions for your Web Design and Development needs with Web.Developer Server Suite.
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2003, 06:32:40 PM »

yea it was my ie security settings. i probably would have never thought to look there. thanks.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: