DeveloperSide.NET Forums
October 22, 2014, 01:55:19 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Web-Developer Server Suite v2.00 Released on SourceForge.NET!!!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: MySQL Server Instance Configuration: Creating Service Error  (Read 4283 times)
dazmond

View Profile
« on: February 22, 2006, 01:07:09 AM »

Allo,

So I'm running this "MySQL Server Instance Configuration" Wizard and all is going well except... when I execute the process there's an error concerning the step, "Start Service."

Quote:
Cannot create Windows service for MySQL5. Error: 0

>_<  Help is muchly appreciated. Thanks.
admin
Administrator
Master of All Subjects

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2006, 06:40:27 PM »

Are you running our Suite?

You probably already have a MySQL Service installed, hence the program cannot install another Service named 'MySQL'.

DeveloperSide.NET
Advanced PHP and MySQL Solutions for your Web Design and Development needs with Web.Developer Server Suite.
serbarmax

serbarmax@hotmail.com
View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2006, 01:18:35 AM »

Hi:
    Can't start the mysql service, i get a error 1067 when starting.
    on the command line mysql with -p option, request a password but can't login because the service is down.
     Te service is in the list of services, and is in automatic mode.

Any idea?

ergio.
admin
Administrator
Master of All Subjects

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2006, 03:00:48 AM »

Run 'services.msc' and double click the MySQL Service.  Make sure it's coming from \www\mysql\bin and is not some old Service you already had installed.
Run 'netstat -a' and see if anything is binding to port 3306.

And read the thread at the top about the most common problems.

And what is the exact msg when you run 'net start mysql' and the what are the contents of \www\mysql\data\*.err

This is all listed in the mentioned thread.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2007, 06:28:57 PM by admin » Logged

DeveloperSide.NET
Advanced PHP and MySQL Solutions for your Web Design and Development needs with Web.Developer Server Suite.
jp

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2007, 04:56:00 PM »

Hi,
my situation is exactly the same:
My SO: Windows Vista
Software in trouble: MySQL (from wdsetup-v1.95)

Everything was allright during installation (I had to do a second installation over the first one.)
I tryed to remove MySQL service from the service list, but I couldn't so I de-activated the service and installed a new one (called mySQL5). But this service doesn't go Active. I initiate it and one second after it gets stopped again. So after a shutdown of my PC mySQL5 service wheren't there anymore! I again activated the old mySQL service, did the configuration to the new installation and nothing! It is the same thing, I can't get the mySQL service up.

I'm considering in making a uninstall of everything and get it once again from scratch, but then how can I remove mySQL service from the active list? (not de-activate but really remove it). Are there any implications (remains) on the registry of windows that I have to take care about?

Thak you.
admin
Administrator
Master of All Subjects

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2007, 06:32:30 PM »

You need to uninstall the package before doing another installation.

If for some reason you do not want the MySQL that comes with the Suite...

1) Stop the MySQL Service... net stop mysql
2) Uninstall the MySQL Service... mysqld-nt remove
3) Remove my.ini from C:\Windows
4) Remove our mysql location from the system PATH, under var %weddev%

You might also want to look over the manual installation part of the Suite Guide. It has relevant info.

DeveloperSide.NET
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: