DeveloperSide.NET Forums
July 06, 2020, 06:15:24 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: After installing WebServer Suite... what now???  (Read 4502 times)
maveric73ph

maveric73ph
View Profile Email
« on: May 10, 2006, 01:32:26 AM »

Hi guys, I am an absolute newbie without any background in setting up a web server. I have just installed the WEBSERVER SUITE in my computer and the Java JDK. I was hoping for the program shortcut to appear on my desktop or the Start menu. Instead I only see it on my C:\www\ folder. What do I do now? I cannot find any information on the website to actually walk me through in setting up my own personal web server. Please help... Thanks.
admin
Administrator
Master of All Subjects

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2006, 02:22:24 AM »

If you have installed our auto-setup package, everything should have installed.

There are no icons or shortcuts, no graphical displays or menus, only the running Apache2 and MySQL Services and lots of configuration files.

You do not need to click anything -- every time your computer is turned on, the Apache and MySQL Services will also be started.

Open your browser and access...
http://localhost/

You should see the default Apache index.html file that is located under \www\webroot -- this directory is the start of 'localhost/'.

Try some of the test links that are specifed here...
http://www.devside.net/web/server/free/setup/instructions

You can make your own html page by creating a file under \www\webroot, using proper HTML, saving that file as an html file (ex: yourfile.html), and accessing it via 'localhost/yourfile.html'.

Search Google with terms such as 'learn html' to begin.

DeveloperSide.NET
Advanced PHP and MySQL Solutions for your Web Design and Development needs with Web.Developer Server Suite.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: